Saturday, June 30, 2012

New movie coming... eventually...

Ok... I guess it's time for an update... (I really don't know why I even started to blog) - first of all, just ignore the previous blog; I was excited about it - it's not gonna happen... not now anyways. But if anybody else wants to join Virtual Immaturity Entertainment - just let me know (just remember I'm an asshole ;)

On to more important things - my next machinima project is coming along nicely. I'm a bit in doubt tho... as I work on this (schedule stuff, create sets, shoot footage, work with some awesome people creating custom props and animations for me) it just seems to get bigger and different every time I think about it. It's not a bad thing... but at some point it needs to stop and stuff needs to be done :) I realise I probably don't make much sense but I was so glad to find out that I'm not the only one who experiences this... it's a proces and appearantly real artists and creative people also "suffer" from this - to see what I mean, go on and read this blog on the .Cheesecake website. (I really simply can't wait for anything new coming from .Cheesecak btw.)

Exciting as it all is I feel I need to watch out for 3 things while working on my current project...
  1. Don't let it become to huge and just go on and on without ever finishing (after all, I do need to make the final Dick Tasty episode at some time ..)
  2. Often I look at the things I'm making and I simply thinks it's not good enough... just the same this... just the same that... why can't I do... how the f*ck did they do that? (damn you Nik ;).. Let me give you an example.. I probably spent around 45 minutes trying to find just the right panties for a shoot... poor girl must have thought I'm a pervert.. (which ofcourse was right but that's not the point right now) and to make clear how sick this is - it'll probably only be visible in the end-result for like 30 seconds :) I need to make, accept and go on... maybe it wont all be perfect and as good as some other work I see out there.. but it will be mine and hopefully each piece will just get better and better...
  3. Learn to trust... I'm pathetic with trusting people when it comes to my work... if and before I'll tp you in to my set I will tell you 20 times not to talk to anybody on what you see.. feel free to take pics but nobody can see them before it's published... and I will ask another 10 times making sure you're not gonna tell anybody about it... if you work with me.. I'm sorry :)
That last point is what's making this blog so difficult for me.. the picture below is a picture from my next movie... I want to start and create some buzz and rumours maybe - but I don't want to much to leak before publishing and I'm yet a freaking long way from finishing...


To all who worked with me so far on this.. THANK YOU! (and I'm sorry I'm telling you so little, and even more sorry it's taking so long...) and to all who work with me on this in the weeks to come.. THANK YOU! (and please understand...)

No comments:

Post a Comment